Friday, February 22, 2008

My First Ever Clogging Competition


I just got back from my first clogging competition. I was a little nervous seeing as how I had never even attended a competition before. I was also nervous that I wouldn't have enough stamina to make it through my entire (1 minute probably :) dance. But, I was able to warm up back stage and I made it through the whole thing without any mistakes! I was very excited.

I found out just before I left that our team took 1st place.

It was very fun and I'm especially grateful for my little cheering section :) that came to watch. I'm also very thankful to Kevin for putting up with me going to classes in Sandy every week while he takes all the kids to Aurora's dance class. Thanks, I love you tons.

I think I have at least 2 more competitions coming up with one of them being the first week-end in May at Lagoon. I'll be sure to update the blog after those as well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I knew Aurora was doing dance, but didn't even know you were.

Rheanna said...

That's awesome-good for you! But-HELLO-You could have had a bigger cheering section, I would have loved to come see you dance!!!!!!

Celeste said...

I have to agree with Rheanna...why we're we not invited?!?! HUH???

Congratulations!! :)

Kammi said...

Ok, so there are a few reasons I didn't tell you about it. 1) It was the same night as the Medallion dinner and it seemed everyone was involved in that. 2) It cost $5 to get in. 3) I didn't perform until 8:30 at night. 4) I just can't believe you would really want to come watch and 'old lady' dance. But, if none of these apply to the next competition, maybe I'll let you know when it is.